United Way of Greater St. Louis and the St. Louis Regional Monetary Empowerment Coalition are partnering for St. Louis Metro Cash Good Month, providing greater than 80 free occasions and courses on monetary schooling and cash administration all through April.
Cash Good Month is a group schooling program sponsored by the St. Louis Regional Monetary Empowerment Coalition in partnership with United Means of Higher St. Louis, space libraries, group organizations and monetary establishments. Lessons and occasions shall be held all through April to assist people and households study cash administration, goal-setting, saving for retirement or school, constructing credit score, decreasing debt, property planning and extra.
This 12 months, for the protection of contributors and volunteers, all occasions shall be digital, besides for 2 free, safe doc shredding occasions, which can adjust to COVID-19 pointers.
“Cash Good Month supplies a superb alternative for native individuals to realize extra data on private finance and study instruments to assist enhance their lives and meet their monetary targets,” mentioned Debbie Irwin, group financial growth director at United Means of Higher St. Louis. “United Means is happy to proceed collaborating with our companions to assist hundreds of individuals in our area, particularly as so lots of our neighbors are dealing with challenges attributable to COVID-19 and could also be searching for alternatives to save lots of and higher handle their funds.”
Highlighted occasions in the course of the month embody:
- Cash Good Youngsters Workshop for ages 7-14, hosted by bestselling baby writer and entrepreneur Mikey Wren, on how one can begin a enterprise: 1-2 p.m. Saturday, April 10
- Meet the writer occasion with Kevin Grogan, who will talk about his e-book “Your Full Information to a Profitable and Safe Retirement” from 7-Eight p.m. Tuesday, April 13
- Dialogue with Ron Leiber, New York Instances columnist and bestselling writer of “The Value You Pay for School,” moderated by KMOX’s Charlie Brennan: 7-Eight p.m. Monday, April 26
- Two free safe doc shredding occasions:
- 9-11 a.m. April 10 at Columbia Nationwide Financial institution, 700 Columbia Centre, Columbia, In poor health.
- 9 a.m. – midday April 17 on the Hollywood On line casino Amphitheatre, 14141 Riverport Drive, Maryland Heights, Mo.
“The occasions are made doable by way of the collaborative efforts of nonprofits, monetary establishments, libraries and religion organizations,” mentioned Georgie Donahue, coalition co-chair and program administration director at Group Motion Company of St. Louis County. “St. Louis is lucky to have so many organizations coming collectively for the nice of the group.”
For extra data, go to MoneySmartStLouis.org.