CHARLOTTE – Because the Carolina Panthers put together to switch from natural grass to FieldTurf this fall for the 2021 season, building crews are actually arduous at work eradicating grass and soil from the taking part in floor in Financial institution of America Stadium.
As a part of the venture, the Panthers and Tepper Sports activities & Leisure partnered with Mecklenburg County Parks & Recreation to be sure that the eliminated soil does not go to waste.
“We have had an ideal relationship with Parks and Rec for a very long time,” stated Tom Vaughan, head groundskeeper at Financial institution of America Stadium. “There aren’t too many locations you may put 4,000 cubic yards of soil, so we’re excited that they will use it for initiatives that can serve the neighborhood.”
Starting this week, crews from the stadium will contribute 300 truckloads of turf millings and root zone sand to convey Mecklenburg County Parks & Recreation websites for reuse at six parks within the space:
- Winget Park: Ending last softball subject; work on soccer subject No. 4
- Ramblewood Soccer Complicated: Prime dressing 10 fields
- First Tee of Pineville: Prime dressing tee advanced
- Reedy Creek Park: Cricket subject proposal
- Veterans Park: Topdressing multipurpose subject
- Sportsplex at Matthews: Prime dressing the stadium and fields No. 10 and 11
“That is one other nice instance of our partnership with the Carolina Panthers to assist our park services,” stated W. Lee Jones, Director, Mecklenburg County Parks & Recreation.