LANSING, Mich. (WLUC) – Twenty-six Neighborhood Vitality Administration (CEM) program grants, totaling $492,145, have been awarded Wednesday by the Michigan Division of Atmosphere, Nice Lakes, and Vitality (EGLE).
The grants will finance vitality effectivity upgrades and different energy-related tasks.
“Decreasing vitality waste saves cash, saves vitality, makes us more healthy and improves the environment all of sudden,” EGLE Director Liesl Clark mentioned. “Over half of EGLE’s finances goes out the door to put money into native communities. Local weather options are native options, and these Neighborhood Vitality Administration tasks are constructing stones as Michigan lays the groundwork to reaching its aim of carbon neutrality by 2050.”
The CEM program grants will assist native governments, public faculties and different neighborhood organizations fund vitality use assessments and comparative utilization research, carry out lighting and local weather management effectivity upgrades, add environment friendly constructing insulation, enhance heating, air flow and air-con programs, take part in renewable vitality tasks or replace municipal plans and ordinances. These necessary tasks will lower your expenses and scale back a corporation’s carbon footprint.
The grant recipients, award quantities and venture objective:
- Alpena Public Faculties, $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Bellevue Neighborhood Faculties, $15,000, vitality audit and vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Large Rapids Housing Fee, $14,000, vitality audit and vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Caledonia Neighborhood Faculties, $15,000, improve constructing vitality administration system.
- Chassell Township, $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Metropolis of East Jordan, $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Metropolis of Grand Blanc, $15,000, vitality audit and vitality effectivity improve.
- Metropolis of Harrison, $15,000, renewable vitality venture.
- Metropolis of Huntington Woods, $12,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Metropolis of Kentwood, $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Metropolis of Lansing, $9,900, underneath 60-kilowatt photo voltaic array set up.
- Metropolis of Mt. Morris, $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Metropolis of Petoskey, $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Detroit 2030 District, $15,000, assist the town’s municipal benchmarking efforts.
- East Jordan Public Faculties, $15,000, 20-kilowatt photo voltaic array set up.
- Ecoworks, $100,000, vitality audits and vitality effectivity upgrades for chilly storage programs for organizations offering meals and meal distribution companies in Detroit.
- Fiddler’s Inexperienced Basis, Dangerous Axe and Corunna, $13,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Jewish Household Companies of Washtenaw County, $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Lewis Cass Intermediate College District, Cassopolis, $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Schooling Heart Academy, Detroit, $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Overisel Township, $1,245, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Royal Oak Public Library, $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Sault Ste. Marie Financial Growth Corp., $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- College of Michigan, $60,000, Division of Vitality Photo voltaic Vitality Applied sciences Workplace matching grant for rural neighborhood photo voltaic boundaries venture.
- Village of Ahmeek, $12,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
- Village of Muir, $15,000, vitality effectivity upgrades.
EGLE’s Neighborhood Vitality Administration program is a part of the Catalyst Communities Initiative run by the Workplace of Local weather and Vitality and EGLE’s Vitality Companies. Catalyst Communities affords a collection of webinars, workshops and cohort-style academies on a variety of subjects as a part of a multi-tiered method to offer native decision-makers throughout the state with the data, instruments and assets to take steps towards a simply transition to decarbonization.
Communities excited about studying extra can go to the Catalyst Communities webpage and signal as much as obtain program updates.
Catalyst Communities would be the subject of various classes on the Michigan Sustainability Conference June 2-4, together with public-private neighborhood partnerships to advance decarbonization options, how neighborhood leaders can promote resilient coastal administration and enhance water infrastructure and vitality administration and low-income neighborhood photo voltaic.
Convention attendees will study from, collaborate with and drive transformation in social and environmental sustainability.
EGLE additionally affords grants for clean energy roadmaps, energy waste reduction for small businesses, electric vehicle charger installation and matching funding for businesses that have been awarded a federal clean energy technology development grant.
Copyright 2021 WLUC. All rights reserved.